Monday, May 11, 2009

Moonface: Alene

This is a really random topic, but tonight I was driving home and I looked up at the moon because it just looked so beautiful. I’m at a red light, and I’m staring at it because something seemed off. I turned to my friend and said, “Doesn’t it look like the moon is smiling at us?” She replied with a simple, “Yeah.” Take this as a warning girls and boys, ladies and gentlemen, next time you see a full moon, take a good look. Tonight, I saw two eyes, a nose, and a friendly smile. It seemed as if the moon was looking right at me and smiling; it was unusual. I felt as if someone was watching over me.My friend sat beside me nonchalantly while I was gaping at it. It was one of the most amazing experiences. I really hope that one day one of you will get to see the face on the moon if you haven’t already seen it. Give us some feedback if you’ve ever noticed anything like this, I’d love to hear your stories!

Muchlove,

Alene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a popular saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In a similar way, I think that each and every person views the world differently as we are all viewing it through our own eyes with our own unique experiences and expectations behind us. I think that the way we see the world us plays a huge part in who we are and says a whole lot about our character and true self.

You saw a smile in the moon. Others may see a frown or a grimace or even another smile. Things speak to us in different ways and we, as unique individuals, interpret them in different ways.

I, for one, have never noticed a face in the moon... but, maybe I have not looked at it long enough or been in the right state of mind for it. Maybe I need to slow down in life and appreciate the simple things, the ones that make it that much more special. Maybe I need to see the world through your eyes.