Thursday, April 23, 2009

Claudias Corner: Jessica


Name: Claudia
Inspiration: "Found something in my closet...havent worn it in a while, i forgot that its nice!"
Shirt: Liz Clairborne $19.99
Necklace: Arcadia Music School (actual working harmonica) $5
Vest: hand me down (from her aunt)
Pants: Nudies from Aritzia... (interesting fact you put them in the freezer to clean them)$199
Boots: Michael Kors $149 (american)

So heres the thing, theres this great chick named Claudia who I intern with. Shes 24, has a great sense of style not to mention sass. If someone ever asked me how I want to see myself at that age...shes the PERFECT example. Coming from the same area (Woodbridge) its hard to break out of the normal "gina" spell thats been cast on everyone. Growing up,  girls sported these articles of clothing and looks : 

1) Hollister Top or Sweater
2) Hollister/ Abercrombie Jeans/ Tna Pants
3) Ugg boots
4) Coach wrislet
Hair: pin straight

Often I was scrutinized because I wasnt in this "it" frame, this complete bogus of "what looks cool". In my mind, looking cool is being yourself, trying new things, and being daring! I always tried to look different whether it be wearing floral dresses or mismatched outfit combinations. Nylon was my bible while the others had their faces stuck in j-14. So, I have been inspired by Claudias look and I am going to blog her clothing daily. Not to mention shes started a little fashion blog on me! Shes a true inspiration of us small town girls!! 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

AMAZING get-up. She's my fashion icon. Is that your office?

Acid City said...

thanks mil

and yes it is the office!

Jenna said...

I'm so jealous of you both for being able to work alongside one another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work alongside my bed, so you can imagine what fun that is.

vintage muse said...

id love to work by your bed